Our June Favourites as pictured above:
1. Dermalogica’s Emergency Spot Fix ( Blog post here)
2. TOY Polish in Leather Crush (Blog Post here)
3. Dermalogica PreCleanse Wipes (Blog post here)
4. ESSIE Apricot Cuticle Oil – this is not a new product but I love using it on my cuticles in winter – it nourishes and hydrates while not being too oily)
5. Not a product, but my pedicure at SWANI Spa in Rosebank was incredible (read more here)
6. ESSIE – The Nail Corrector – not being able to drive these last few weeks has left me having to do my own nails which I hate! This pen is brilliant for cleaning any polish that gets onto the skin around your nail – filled with acetone, it also comes with extra nibs and the nibs are perfectly shaped to clean around your cuticles. (My daughter got hold of my pen so the nibs and lid is MIA – will have to replace it!)
What have been some of your favourites this month?
Last week I had the absolute pleasure of visiting Swani Spa for their signature pedi. They did not disappoint, and I will go as far as saying it ranks as one of the top 2 pedicures I have had, and I have had a lot of pedicures!
Swani Spa is situated on the first floor of phase 2 of the Zone in Rosebank, so while it is centrally located and convenient, it is also blissfully quiet.
I was greeted by Amanda (one of Swani Spa’s founders) and taken to a table filled with the most incredible smelling MatsiMela products. As I was having the signature pedicure, I could choose a soak, scrub and masque of my choice. I chose the Litchi and Rose which is uplifting.
I was then introduced to Privilege who would be doing my pedicure. The ladies at Swani have really put so much effort into not only engaging all of your senses, but making your feel truly relaxed. From the delicious hot tea and a warm cloth as I soaked my feet, to the relaxing masque (I think I fell asleep) and incredible hot stone massage, not forgetting the snack I was given while Privilege was painting my nails, there is nothing more I could have asked for. It was 75 minutes of pure bliss and I will without a doubt be back. Swani stock OPI and Zoya nail polish and I chose to use a Zoya Polish called Sam, I love the colour for autumn/winter and it is such a change from the monochromatic colours I usually choose!